The days of simply imagining remotely controlled homes are long gone. Nowadays, home automation is no longer a thing of science fiction, but a practical and convenient option that many homeowners are taking advantage of. It only takes a call to your electrical contractors in Sydney and certain automation specialists to have your home fully automated and controllable from any location.
Understandably, some of you may be apprehensive about automating your home. You may be concerned about costs, or the technicalities involved. But you can rest assured that due to advancements in technology, home automation is as easy as using an app on your phone or any other mobile device. Costs are also offset by several significant benefits. Below are the top 4 benefits of a home automation system that are sure to make getting it an easy and obvious decision.
1. Utmost safety and security.
The primary benefit of a home automation system is that it gives you a higher level of safety and security, which in turn gives you total peace of mind- something you can’t easily achieve or buy from a store. Home automation allows you to:
• check on all the locks and doors in your home from anywhere
• view footage from security cameras
• check on your children or your valuables even while you’re away
• turn the lights on to make it appear like someone’s home
• remotely turn appliances off before they become fire hazards, and more. You never have to worry about forgetting to lock the door in the rush of leaving home in the morning, or leaving your home unguarded while you’re away on a holiday.
Perhaps the second most significant home automation benefit is convenience. There are plenty of ways that it can make your life easier:
• You can turn lights and appliances off or check on all of them without having to move from room to room. Simply sit back and let your mobile device do the rest.
• You can adjust the temperature of your home before you even get there, ensuring that it is always the right temperature when you arrive and is never too hot or too cold.
• You never have to drive back home in case you forget to lock up or turn something off. This also saves you time and petrol.
• You don’t have to be home or give keys to people to allow them access into your home. Letting people in (such as house cleaners, relatives, repairmen or your emergency electrician in Sydney) and keeping tabs on them is as easy as tapping a button on your mobile device.
3. Energy savings.
Another great home automation benefit: being able to save on energy and consequently, energy costs. Lights, appliances, and cooling and heating systems that are left on when no one is around can consume a lot of energy and result in extravagant energy bills. Being able to control these remotely means that you can conveniently turn them off when not in use, and on again right when you need them. You can also choose to have them turn on at a time that saves the most energy. For instance, you can have your dishwasher running at 2AM, when electricity usage and price are at their lowest.
4. Saves on time.
In the fast-paced world we live in today, every second counts. Why spend precious minutes each day turning lights and appliances off and checking on all the locks, when you can do so in seconds from anywhere, anytime on your mobile device?
With all these home automation benefits, why not get your home automated when you can? Get in touch with an electrician in Bondi from Glenco Electrical Services to get started.